Friday, April 8, 2011

One Month!!

So it's 105am and Lauren is officially one month old!! Doesn't it figure that I chose to pick up some shifts at work this weekend and she decides tonight is the night she won't sleep? All to make some extra cash to go get her pictures taken again next week.

So I have her in her swing and I am really praying that it works. Especially since my alarm is set to go off in less than 5 hours and then I have to go to work. And apparently drink my body weight in ice water and coffee. Lord help us all.

I decided to host a Scentsy party next week. That should be fun. I've never done anything like that, so I am pretty excited. If for nothing else than my apartment will smell very good for a night. Don't get me wrong, it never smells bad, just it will smell awesome thanks to all the melts the lady will have going.

I wish there was some kind of real secret to getting a baby to sleep through the night after the first month, when they don't need to feed every two hours anymore. Because I would pay some good money for that knowledge. And all she wants is attention and to be held, and I really think she needs to be broken of that. Her father never puts her down when he is here and I think that she is getting too used to it. Of course he can spend all his time here holding her, because he never cooks or cleans or does anything, since as he tells me all the time, he doesn't live here.

So, I think I am going to rant for a few minutes. Boys are stupid. And lucky me, my pseudo-boyfriend is a boy. I wasn't lucky enough to find a real man. Don't get me wrong, he is great with Lauren. He is absolutely in love with her, but he's no good with me these days. I wish I knew what his problem was, but he is just a completely different guy than who I fell in love with last year. I understand that guys change when a baby comes, so does a woman, but this is ridiculous. I just want him back. I just want to feel in love with him again, and I don't know how soon if ever that will happen again.

Well, so much for the swing to always be magic. Lauren is definitely still awake, eyes wide open, swinging awau. I am just grateful she isn't screaming anymore. I will be careful to not think that too hard or say it out loud because I don't want to jinx myself. With any luck she will be falling asleep shortly. She never really stays awake too long, and it's been over an hour, so here's to hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment